3 ways to enjoy impressive travel experience at low prices
- by bus
The bus is one of the cheapest ways for long distance travel within Canada or beyond and there are several ways to save on tickets.
- By buying your ticket from seven to 14 days in advance in some bus companies, you get discounted rates.
- Invite a friend or relative to accompany you in your journey to get a discount of 75% in some companies. But remember that you must book at least three days in advance.
- Most people know the discounts for students, but all people over 62 years will automatically receive a 10% discount.
- Do not derailed
A relaxed journey by train offers many advantages for those who are in no hurry: the legroom, the place for heavy luggage and freedom of movement for children who are struggling to keep quiet.
- It is advisable to book in advance because economic rates tend to disappear quickly in high season.
- Many companies often special offer for seniors or families.
- Judicious car rental
It is worthwhile to take a chance by booking the cheapest car available.
- As these cars are limited, the rental agency is sometimes able to offer you a ranking. If she offers you an upgrade, make sure you do not pay more, especially if you have booked in advance by credit card.
- About 20% of all consumers systematically take out insurance for rental car while it’s likely they are covered by their own car insurance or credit card and, therefore, they pay unnecessarily seven $ 30 per day surcharge.
- To find out whether you have insurance, contact your insurance company or credit card.
- Most car rental companies apply a rate of 24 hours. If you rent your car on Tuesday and Wednesday, you make it, you will only be charged one day, but only if you bring in 24 hours.
- Past 24 hours, most companies charge an hourly rate for the next three to four hours. If you return the car with a few hours late, an extra day is usually charged.
- Car rental rates vary from 50% or more according to the agency, even if they are located in one place. To get the best deal, book your car at least a week in advance, and even in high season.
- The Internet is a great place to compare car rental rates.
Traveling by land is one of the easiest ways to save money by traveling in Canada or the United States. These simple tips, which can become even more economical, allow you to spend your agent your destination and not just for the trip.