7 steps to thoroughly clean the inside of your car
1. Gather the materials and equipment
To clean the inside of your car, you will need the following materials:
- A vacuum cleaner with hose and accessories.
- An extension cord (if your vacuum the cable is not long enough).
- A garden hose for plastic floor mats.
- paper towel or lint-free cloths.
- Glass cleaner without ammonia.
- A cleaner and protector for vinyl or leather.
2. Empty your car
- Empty your car of all garbage, recyclables and unnecessary items.
- Next, take all you want to keep in your car and put them aside for you to clean all surfaces.
- Take out all your mats.
Vacuum the floor under the seats (drag maximum forward to suck any debris), around the pedals, while the trim, the rear windshield and the dashboard.
- Make sure to aspire between the cracks and crevices using your vacuum cleaner accessories.
- Vacuum the floor mats. If they are dirty, spray them with a garden hose and let dry.
For a more thorough cleaning
If you want to clean your carpets and upholstery thoroughly, purchase or rent a carpet cleaning machine.
- It will get rid of all the dirt that has settled deep into the fibers of your carpet and your seats.
- He sprayed the carpet with a solution, then sucks all the dirt and grime.
4. Clean the vinyl and leather surfaces
Spray the vinyl or leather cleaner on a cloth or paper towel and wipe all surfaces in vinyl or leather.
- Start at the top and finish at the bottom.
- When the cloth is dirty, take one own.
- If you have leather seats, you have any interest in buying a set of leather for cleaning.
- Polish the leather or vinyl surfaces with a soft, clean cloth.
5. Clean the plastic and glass
Spray a little window cleaner on a cloth and clean your windows, your dashboard and other plastic parts.
- When you clean your windows, turn them in order to clean the upper edges.
- Polish your windows with crumpled newspaper until all traces are gone.
6. Clean the small details
- Wrap a cloth around an old screwdriver, spray it with an all purpose cleaner, then carefully move it along in your car finish line to pick up dust and dirt.
- Pass it also all the buttons and all commissions.
7. Replace any and spray
- Replace all (dry carpets and objects) inside your car.
- Spray deodorant product to get rid of all its foul odor.
Even with everything you can, you can not prevent dirt and grime from building up inside your car. The key is to clean the inside of your car to keep it pristine.