How to clean your car and avoid unpleasant friction traces
You just visit the car wash and car came out with rub marks. Why? Here’s how to avoid these unwanted marks.
What causes swirl marks?
- Friction marks are caused by improper washing and drying techniques.
- The automatic car wash cleans your car, but it will not make it as bright as you like.
- Or, you wash your car by hand and still get chafing? This may be using the wrong type of towel.
- To prevent chafing, you should thoroughly clean your car from start to finish. Here is how.
- Do not use soap or kitchen brushes. Use soaps made to the car wash and get fresh towels and scrubbers.
- Do not touch your car with an abrasive product.
- Wash your car once a week, whether you use it or let in the garage.
- Heavily soiled surfaces with cleaning while safe use for cars.
- Wash downward. You do not want that dirt falls on the parts you have already spent time washing.
- Keep a bucket for the wheels, the body of the car, and rinsing.
- If your car is very dirty, make a prewash with a large hose to rinse the dirt and debris stuck in dislodging small spaces.
- Use a microfiber towel is soft and adapted for cleaning a car. Remember that all microfiber towels are not all identical, and that some will leave circular marks on the surface of your car.
- Separate washing and drying towels.
- Dry up and down, as you have washed your car.
- Drag and lightly pat the towel to absorb most of the water, then with a compressed air hose, dry the rest.
- Apply a polish or wax spray and buff lightly with another microfiber towel.
A final remark
To ensure that your car so as clean and perfect as possible, you should keep your fully fit cleaning equipment. This means cleaning and drying your buckets before putting them away again, and cleaning your sponges and towels. Do not wait to clean up later.
In addition, the dirt layer that appears on your car when you park outside also appear on your car in the garage, and it will attack your painting. The most important advice to follow to prevent chafing when cleaning is to simply clean your car regularly. More dirt is left on your car, the harder it is to clean it afterwards. So go out and show your car shiny and new appearance!